LIFEUP BE LTD (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
LIFEUP BE LTD provides a personal development application called LifeUp. LifeUp consists of a course designed to help you become more mindful. As part of its service, LIFEUP BE LTD collects information, including your registration details and information about your performance. By registering for and downloading LifeUp, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this document and agree to the information practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LIFEUP BE LTD of 11b Stavordale Road, London, England, N5 1NE.
Collection Of Information
LIFEUP BE LTD collects two types of information: Personal information, which means information that can be used to uniquely identify and contact you; and non-personal information, which does not provide direct association with you.
When you register to use LifeUp, we collect the following:
- Your demographic information, which we use for our research and to show you how well you are performing compared to the rest of your demographic. Your demographic information is non-personal.
- Your answers to our motivations questionnaire, which will allow us to create a customised training plan for you. Your answers to our motivations questionnaire are non-personal.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the LifeUp application on your device, including, where available, the device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate device information with your sign-in data and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Log information. When you use LifeUp, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
If you contact us for customer service, we may also collect any information you give us. We use this information to identify you as a customer and help improve our service.
When you use LifeUp, we collect non-personal information on your usage and performance. We use this information to calculate your performance, to provide you with personalised feedback to tell you where you are improving and how quickly, and to construct your training plan (consisting of the goals and games you are served). We also use this information to help us improve the app for future updates.
We will not sell, rent or give any of your personal information to third parties, with the following exceptions:
- If we need to in order to provide a product or service you have requested.
- If you have explicitly given us permission to do so.
And except from the following legal circumstances:
- If we are responding to a subpoena, court order, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
- If we have to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Storage And Retention Of Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the LifeUp application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please don’t share a password with anyone.
We will only store your information as long as is necessary for us to make LifeUp available to you. This means that if you choose to remove LifeUp from your phone and delete your account, we will delete all your personal information.
AS PART OF YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCTS, YOU AFFIRMATIVELY CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM, INCLUDING THE PROCESSING AND STORING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING PAYMENTS AND TRACKING INDIVIDUAL USE OF THE PRODUCTS. BY USING THE PRODUCTS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM MAY NOT HAVE THE SAME LEVEL OF PROTECTIONS FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT EXIST IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, AND YOU NONETHELESS CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM. WE WILL TAKE MEASURES AS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE LAW REGARDING THE TRANSFER, STORAGE AND USE OF CERTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information against loss; theft; unauthorised access, collection and disclosure; and improper use or modification.
Your personal information is password-protected and can only be seen by you and us. You acknowledge that if you disclose your password to anyone else, we cannot be held responsible for any misuse of your data.
No security system is perfectly effective. And since the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore you acknowledge that we are not responsible for any misuse of your data that may occur from malicious attacks from third parties, unless it can be shown that we have failed to follow reasonable security precautions.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at LIFEUP BE LTD of 11b Stavordale Road, London, England, N5 1NE.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the LifeUp application or the services we provide are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Full Terms and Conditions
The full terms and conditions of use of LifeUp products can be read here